Print the rules here [PDF] or read below:
Patterns in nature, perspective and mirror image photography
The contest is open to teens in grades 6-12.
- Submission must be your own work.
- You may submit one photo per category for a maximum of three photos.
- Color or black & white.
- If you submit a photo in person it should be 8.5 x 11.
- High-resolution .tif or .jpg digital files of at least 300 ppi (pixels per inch). Low resolution digitals cannot be accepted.
- File size limit: 10MB.
- Entries will be judged on technical quality, artistic quality and originality by an anonymous panel of three or more judges.
- Nine prizes will be awarded:
- 1st place – $25 Target gift card for each category
- 2nd place – $15 Target gift card for each category
- 3 Honorable Mention – $10 Target Gift Card chosen from all categories
The library reserves the right to determine which photos are appropriate for public display.
You may submit your photo in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following in your email:
• In the Subject field of your email – your name and category of the photo
• In the Body of the email – title of photograph, description (optional), name, phone number, email, school and grade.
By entering your photo in the Warren-Newport Public Library District Teen Photo Contest you give us permission to display or publish your photo online, in print publications or in the library.
Submissions will be accepted starting Nov. 1. The last day to submit photos is Nov. 15 at 9:00pm. The winners will be notified on Nov. 23 and all photos will be displayed on our Warren-Newport Public Library Flickr account and in The Vault, our teen space by Dec. 1.
Questions? Please contact Diane Braun at email@example.com or phone (847) 244-5150, ext. 3053.